Monday, February 9, 2009

Hazard pay...

If I ever needed  it, today would be a good day.  While setting up to do an interview on the stage of famed comedy club "The Laugh Factory" this afternoon,  the owner of the venue accidentally knocked a huge microphone stand with a heavy "boom" mike into me... THWACK ... right into my forehead and side of head.   When I finish this blog, I will be researching "concussion" online. Maybe I should have done that before writing this, because the headache is getting worse... I sometimes don't have my priorities in order, though.    Paul Rodriguez, one of the comedians I interviewed (about 'Obam-edy' -- i.e. will Obama be less fodder for comedians, unlike how MUCH fodder Bush provided --- for the record, they feel there will be a honeymoon period, and then all bets are off) offered an icepack, which I turned down because I didn't want the comedy to turn into a 'drama' at that point.    

All of this after one helluva morning writing, producing and fronting Extra's lead story on the octuplet Mom.   My head was hurting enough after going through scads of tape of this woman, her Mother, who's over the whole thing dissing her own daughter!  One day, I will blog about what actually goes into a 1:30 segment of television.  Those who know, know.  Those who don't, will disbelieve.  I digress.   The real interview to get in this whole octuplet drama, though, will be with the doctor who thought it was a fine idea to implant 6 embryos (two, of course, split into twins) in a woman who already was the mother of 6.    The State of California's Medical board is already looking into it.  

I'll take that ice pack now.

No comments:

Post a Comment