Thursday, February 5, 2009

Regarding 'followers' ...

I am grateful to have two days off... I am thankful to have 'followers' already, considering I just posted my first blog entry yesterday.  Followers is such an interesting word... It's suggestive of something that isn't quite right.  Why not 'readers'?  Whatever you're called, I'm happy you are interested enough in my (what will sometimes be) stream-of-consciousness dribble... my day-to-day encounters with those we consider famous -- they are, but they are, for the most part, surprisingly normal.  I will tell you when they're not.  THAT is what people really want to hear about, right?   Anyway, back to the followers... I'm grateful to have a former classmate, a fellow J-school student, reading my blog... but more importantly sharing HER student's journalism with me.  MB, we've come full-circle, now haven't we...  I'm grateful to have one of my dear friends who left SoCal to be closer with her family, and is now tearing up SoFla with her business partner, making all kinds of fun television...  I'm grateful to have a Laguna Beach gallery owner who is both tasteful, stylish, and knows a good blog, like she knows a great piece of art.... I'm grateful to have a fellow-blogger, a GREAT writer, a friend, a woman who can write a screen-play, a novel, a poem, a song -- whatever is in her heart --  like no other...  And I'm grateful for the 'followers' I haven't quite figured out yet... Thank you for taking the time to follow...  but you know you are all really leaders... f@#k the 'follower' moniker... Having some time off is good for the soul.  I will paint, I will spend time with my pups, and I will forget about the woes of the world for just a moment... Until next time.

1 comment:

  1. I certainly can think of better terms like subscriber, reader, or something along those lines. Follower seems to imply that we are being stalked. Oh well. The world has always been a crazy place.

    ReplyDelete